Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thorns and Roses

Yesterday, I was inspired to hack off branches from our thriving rose bushes at the front of the house. You can have too much of a good thing. Unfortunately, I was using dull garden scissors which required a two-handed grip and some serious twisting to make the bigger branches give way. I jumped to grab the higher branches and pulled them within cutting reach which created a lot of tension. That tension was the cause of some serious pain when one of the branches slipped out of the dull scissor blades and a centimeter long thorn lodged itself in my arm. Ouch. 
I was well cared for by my boys. Cooper made me a little present, and Caleb gave me one of his Buzz Lightyear band-aids. What else could a girl ask for?
My sweet boy made this centerpiece "to make me feel better."

Here's an up-close look at his creation.

Here are a few of the treacherous roses. At least they look pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment