Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What does Nick do all day?

Very good question. He works from 8 to 5 every Monday through Friday at his office. Most of the day is spent doing research, writing, and language work. He eats peanut butter and honey sandwiches in his office in lieu of a lunch break and drinks copious amounts of tea and coffee. In addition, he attends an Old Testament seminar, Akkadian class, and French class.
His office is shared with 3 other individuals.

In the office and at home, he studies a lot of this (Akkadian):

And this (Hebrew):

He references this (Syriac):

and some of this (Targum Aramaic):


There's also Latin when referencing the Vulgate and French and German when referencing various secondary sources. Finally, he keeps up his Greek. I'm exhausted from writing about all of this language work.

I should also add that Nick is really good about guarding family time. The boys and I are very thankful!

4 comments:

  1. wow~ im exhausted from reading it!:)
    so glad to hear you guys get some good family time in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, it would have taken me forever to look up the other languages, so I just skipped over them. Hopefully I didn't miss anything too important. ha,ha I am very impressed.

    We missed you on the ski trip this year. First time i've been in 8 years and it was a blast watching our kids do what we did when we were younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain girl!! Our men are doing a lot of work. I try to steel him away just long enough for romantic dinners and nature walks. I love those moments, they are good for Justin too. Having down time with his brain is so important.. Miss you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete