Wednesday, March 23, 2011

From Cutteslowe to Ashendon

Our fun-filled day (Saturday, March 19) began at Cutteslowe Park.
Caleb cruised around the duck pond and footpaths while Cooper and Noah practiced football.

The boys gave high fives to end practice.
We left Cutteslowe and drove straight to our friends' home. We followed the Bolton's to Kirsty's parents' home in nearby Ashendon. I was impressed by the village but had no idea we were in for such a treat. We turned into the drive and were struck by this view:

The house is a converted barn, originally built in 1676.
I love the exposed beams,
and the Inglenook fireplace.
The horses and sheep weren't the only ones in enclosures.
We had a picnic lunch.
Noah (and most everyone) chased the chickens who were stealing the food.
We walked through the fields to a play area. Kirsty had an activity for each of the kids with items to collect and others to spot.



My favorite item on the list was the Red Kite.
I saw this picturesque, thatched roof cottage on the return walk.
England is splendid in the Spring!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Looks like you guys had a wonderful day. I know the boys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see all the pictures of what you're seeing! The one with the kids riding scooters amidst the sheep was so cool...something we really wouldn't see around here. That's a great picture of you and Nick!!

    ReplyDelete