Thursday, September 10, 2009

Apple Pickin' Fun




The Meyers (the landlord and his wife) invited us to their apple orchard. They speak no English, so we're forced to communicate in German. This was a great outing.


We loaded up in the trailer and rode behind the tractor to the orchard. Nick and Mrs. Meyer rode on a board which was situated in front of us.


Noah checked out the apple trees.


Cooper took a break.


Caleb desperately tried to open the tailgate.


Are these apples not beautiful?!?


Nick was studying on the outing.


Cooper and Noah made huge piles of dead grass.


Die Frau und Der Herr arbeiten.


Looking at Caleb's face, you may think something terrible has happened. His attempts to climb on the tractor were thwarted.


One more look at the apples. They were DELICIOUS. 


We left the orchard and walked to a nearby playground.


Nick continued to study, and Caleb stuffed his face with apple.


Then, he joined the fun.


5 comments:

  1. What sweet pictures....I really want to taste on of the apples now! The boys really seem to love their new fun! How can Nick concentrate with all the prettiness around him? Kudos to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blair! I am part of AWF and it seems several of my friends have been in touch with you but I'm a little slow. But, I've just discovered your blog and enjoyed seeing a bit of Germany again. My husband and I got to see some of it (near where you are) this past May. We look forward to having you in Aberdeen before too much longer. Blessings, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...freshly picked apples are THE best! How fun! Thanks for sharing all these fabulous pictures of your adventures! We can sit and daydream as if we were there...I know leaving the U.S. was a big decisioun, but what amazing things you're all experiencing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Blair, What a fun day! It looks like the weather was beautiful. Love you. Kiss the boys for me. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so been in the mood to bake with apples and cinnamon these days. Love your blog and check it everyday! Makes me homesick for Lisbon and Warsaw! Looks like you are enjoying every minute and making tons of memories. We miss you here in Clinton. Love and hugs, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete