Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving!

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" (1 Thes. 5:16-18). This was the Scripture Nick read to begin our daily family devotion. There are so many things for which we can give thanks, but most importantly, we are thankful for the gospel. We were privileged to share our Thanksgiving meal with friends, and after dinner, everyone shared some of the reasons they are thankful.
We had a traditional Southern meal consisting of turkey (a bit dry because I cooked it 25 degrees too high for 2 1/2 hours...I have a good excuse for this!), sweet potato casserole, cornbread dressing, homemade yeast rolls (It was kind of tough to find a place warm enough to let them rise), green beans, fruit salad, and Insalata Caprese. I baked an apple pie, and Judy brought brownies for dessert. Yum!
I failed to take any pictures of dinner, but I did get some shots after the meal.

Nick and Norman chatting it up over dessert.


Jude, Cooper, Daniel, and Noah watching Christmas cartoons.


Caleb loves his sweeties!


Judy and Peter...he was very cooperative for photos!


The day after Thanksgiving, the boys made dough ornaments. 


Caleb made a huge mess with the flour.


Here's the finished product...





4 comments:

  1. What's Insalata Caprese? The ornaments look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can look it up online if you want to see a photo...Sliced tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella cheese...I usually use pepper as well, but I ran out...I think the actual recipe calls for olive oil drizzled over the top

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to taste your apple pie! glad you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete