Friday, October 16, 2009

Grocery Delivery


I finally caved and ordered my groceries online. I love it!!! I did all of my shopping last night. Groceries were delivered today at 3:30 pm in plenty of time to cook dinner.
Considering the cost of gas here (outrageous especially when multiplied by 1.6 for those of us converting currencies) and the cost of bus fare (4 pounds or $6.40), a 3 pound 50 delivery charge isn't so bad. AND I didn't have to find my way around an unfamiliar store with 3 kids.

The nice delivery driver brought the bags into the kitchen. Notice the eggs on the counter have a red "fragile" label.


Caleb helped me unload the bags.


He was very proud of himself.


Here are Cooper and Noah who had been checking out Cooper's roly poly trap. They were so enthralled in this activity that they didn't come running at the sound of the door bell and didn't seem to notice any of the commotion in the entrance and kitchen.

4 comments:

  1. so much fun! i can't wait to do this myself! do they have coupons over there??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that ASDA will offer you coupons for free delivery after you use them. Someone who's been here longer would know, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Blair - how convenient. The boys pics are previous...especially Caleb. Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, Alison Merrick emailed everyone a coupon code for free delivery through the end of the month. I'll have to remember to send you a code near your arrival (surely they have these offers regularly). Wouldn't it be nice to have groceries waiting for you? :)

    ReplyDelete